Thursday, February 18, 2010

Excuses, excuses . . .

OK - so I do have a legitimate reason for not posting. I have not taken any new pictures of my kids for a month and a half. (Hopefully they forgive me when they're older). My excuse? Morning (more like all day) sickness (add in LOTS of fatigue). Yep! We have our first SURPRISE pregnancy!!! Due date: Sept 1. So I'm 12 weeks. Up until this week I have not been too keen on this pregnancy - bad timing and all. We are uninsured until June 5. We will need a bigger car to fit 3 carseats in the back. We make $100 too much each month & so don't qualify for Medicaid (though I found out yesterday we WOULD have qualified if we lived in Montana) etc...

So ANYWAYS I found this place in Billings, MT (only 2 hours away) that does ultrasounds for FREE. That sure beat the $500 they want for an ultrasound in Cody (small town - OBs can charge what they want, b/c there is no competition).

I have to say that this time around getting the ultrasound really helped me bond with the baby. It's amazing to me that just seeing a tiny little head and arms and fingers can melt my heart that way. So maybe I'm OK with this whole thing.

Being sick still stinks, though.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

sorry to hear you're feeling so sick and tired, but hopefully it will be gone soon. I'm about 15 weeks and still SUPER tired!

I know what you mean about the ultrasound. I never had one early on with Eleanor(just at 20 weeks), but they did one when I was like 10 weeks this time and it was so great to see the little one and get excited when it feels so far away!

Sharlyn said...

Congrats! I didn't realize that you are only 2 hours from Billings...we are 3 1/2 hours from Billings. We should meet up some time!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! I sure know how the sick thing goes, hopefully it doesn't last too long! Good luck with all, its good to see you are alive!

Josh,Danielle & Dex said...

Oh my gosh I am so excited for you!!! I was just looking at the pictures and told josh it is about time they have another and then i came upon this!!! Congrats!