Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sportin' fancy undies

Yep, we've been trying to potty-train Tyler. And anything Tyler is doing Kelsie feels she needs to do too. We've had a couple accident-free mornings wearing underwear. Usually, though, Kelsie manages to have an accident about 1 minute after sitting on the potty. Tyler is some kind of terrified of going #2 in the toilet, and last weekend he got himself constipated from not doing it. I finally caved and put a diaper on him and told him if he pooped in his diaper I would be glad. His words while I was changing his diaper a couple hours later: "Are you so glad with me, Mom? Are you so glad?"

I have a feeling it will be a very long road, but I am determined not to have 3 kids in diapers!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Good Luck! When McKenna was trying to figure out #2 I would add just a little bit of Apple Juice to her sippy. Too much and you've got another problem on your hands, but a little bit and it kept her regular until she was comfortable using the potty.

Carolyn said...

good idea, thanks, Jess!

Sue said...

Too funny - Are you so glad? Where does this boy come up with such great one-liners?