Friday, June 18, 2010

Recent Project

Back in January, Lynn (my father-in-law) asked me to make a quilt of the Billings Temple for Judy's (my mother-in-law) birthday in May. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do, but this is the end result. I wish you could see it up close, because it's really cool!!! It is a small (1.5 feet x 2.5 feet) raw-edge applique quilt, which means the material is iron-on and then stitched to hold it down. The photo I worked from was taken by Ardent Photography--absolutely beautiful!!! Anyways, mostly I'm glad it's done.


6 comments:

Cheri and David said...

Wow...that is beautiful. You are one talented girl!

Lindsey said...

That is incredible! I sure wish I could come over and see it!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, Care, that is amazing. My mom is just starting to quilt, so I had to show it to her....she was so impressed. You are a talented seamstress, she said! :)

Linsi said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Wow . . . can't get over how nice it looks!

Stena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

It looks even better up close and personal. It is spectacular. I'm glad you posted it.