Thursday, February 7, 2008

Update

So I created this blog because some of my friends don't use facebook. After creating this initial post, I will try to post some pictures (their a few months old, but oh well).

Where we are: Schane and I are in Rexburg while Schane is attending school. He is studying construction management and has 4 semesters left. I already graduated from BYU-provo in 2006.

What's new: Last week we found out we're having a baby girl - I have to admit it was kinda a disappointment, but we're getting used to the idea. I have a feeling our little girl will be wearing boy clothes when we are at home and not expecting visitors. Hope that doesn't create an identity crisis for her.

Also, we got a position as assistant managers at Sunrise Village apartments. That entails me working in the office 10 hrs/week and being on call nights and weekends (but only every other week). We are excited about having three bedrooms and being a football field (literally) away from the Hart Building (athletic building). The downside is that we have to use the on-site laundry facilities and we have no dishwasher. We'll deal.

What's up with Tyler: We just took him in for his 15 month check-up today. He is 90% for height and 20% for weight. In other words, he's just like his dad (Schane is only 7% for weight). This week Tyler started pinching his nose when I change his diaper or when he passes gas. Sometimes I swear he says "poopy". He loves oranges. He is constantly putting things in our dirty clothes hamper. He has a binki stash somewhere, because some days he walks out with 3-4 different binkis when I've been looking all over for even one. He loves taking baths, but it's not so much fun for me, since he gets half the bathroom floor wet from so much splashing.

Hmmm....how's that for a first entry? More than anyone ever wanted to know. Maybe I'll print it out and put it in my journal for posterity.

7 comments:

Linsi said...

Carolyn I'm so excited you have a blog! The link showed up on mine. Tyler looks ready to jump in the pool--what a cute boy! How is everything in Idaho?

Linsi

Linsi said...

wow congrats on having a girl!!!

Kristalyn said...

Carolyn! Grandpa was telling me that you had a blog, so I was trying to keep my eye out for it!That first entry was exactly what I wanted to know-I think it's so fun to hear how everyone is doing! Congratulations on having a girl...I'm sure that she will not have an identity crisis. It was so fun to see you guys at Christmas, Tyler is getting so big! I look forward to hearing more updates!

Claire Barker said...

Why hello!!! I loved the stories and photos, yep definitely showed it to the friend units. Thanks for posting them!

Luvs!
Claire

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Haha the binki stash made me crack up! I'm so glad you have a blog! Check out mine.

Megan Miley and Chris said...

P.S. Make Claire invite me to her blog or something because I definitely can read it... Ok another P.S. This is my THIRD time trying to enter the letter scramble thing before you post... Is that saying something about my intelligence?

Sue said...

I looked at the entire blog AGAIN trying to fill up my "missing you and your family" ache. I think I will make it through the day now. How did long-distance grandmas survive before blogs?

love you