Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day Chaos

Schane's entrepreneurial group decided to sell sugar cookies and roses for Valentine's Day. Their promotion was $4/1 rose, $10/3 roses, $30/12 roses, $2.50/12 cookies. We had 300 roses (minus the 12 I got) and 60 dozen cookies to deliver in on Feb 13 and 14. Tyler and I spent Feb 13 making about 20 dozen cookies. I stuck him in his highchair for about 3 hours while I frosted the cookies. He was a pretty good sport and was content as long as I gave him some cookies. Smart kid - he went straight for the frosting!








The 300 roses came in two small long boxes at about 1 pm on Feb 13. We were nervous, because when we unwrapped them, they were tiny and the outside petals were bruised. We cut their stems and stuck them in our mini trash cans (plus a plastic box) back in our bedroom. Thankfully, when we went to wrap some for deliveries, they were opening up. Below are the 300 and then the 12 I got to keep.

I also wanted to show my 12 the way they look now - beautiful!

Cee Cee and Alyssa brought by a valentine for us. What a cute idea!










4 comments:

Sharlyn said...

Look at you, making cookies ALL day! 300 is a lot of cookies! :) Don't you love being a mom and wife?

Sharlyn said...

Sorry, 300 roses! 20 dozen cookies is sill a lot though! :)

Kristalyn said...

Wow-what a busy day! I would have gotten sick of making all of those cookies! I'm glad that you got a dozen roses, and they really are beautiful!

Linsi said...

Carolyn you are a good woman and Schane's a lucky guy--I would have made Dave do most the work :) Your post is making me think about how good a cookie would taste right now. How did Schane's group end up doing?