Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Introducing: Kelsie Victoria Wiles

I was so sure this baby was going to be late: shows what I know. I noticed the first contraction (of the pregnancy) Tues morning when I woke up. I didn't know whether or not this was real labor or false - so I didn't want to tell Schane to stay home from work - he finally made the decision himself and came home at about 9:30 am - good thing. We headed up to the hospital around 11 am. Schane says everything I said was in command form: "I'm in labor - I want an epidural - check me and get me an epidural - etc". I was dilated to a 6 and just barely got the epidural. 10 minutes after the drugs kicked in, I asked the nurse to check me again, and she said I was ready to start pushing. 45 minutes later, at 1:01 pm, baby was born. Her stats (put together by Schane) are below.

Name: Kelsie Victoria Wiles
Birthday: June 10, 2008
Weight: 9 lbs 2 oz
Height: 19"
Hair: Lots
Eyes: Dark
Skin: Red
Occupation: Sleep, poop, eat

9 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations!! We're excited to see some pictures.

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Carolyn, Through a series of a bunch of different blogs I stumbled upon yours a couple of weeks ago. Congratulations on your new little one. It will be fun to keep updated and see what is going on in your life
Dawnelle Feher Anderson
(my blog is andersonsinmidway.blogspot.com)

Megan Miley and Chris said...

9 lbs 2 oz??? Holy cow! I thought Miley was big 8 lbs 7 oz. I guess it really isn't that much bigger but once you hear a 9 instead of an 8 you think huge! Haha Congrats and the name is really really cute!

AJ and Cindy said...

congratulations! what a pretty name you chose for her! can't wait to see pictures!!

Cierra said...

Wow Carolyn! You were up really late posting..2am! You must not be getting any sleep! I hope you get some sleep tonight!

Kristalyn said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that you had a quick labor and that you got your epidural in time! :) I hope that Tyler is adjusting well and I can't wait to see pictures!

Sharlyn said...

She was the same weight as Spencer...gotta love those big babies!!! Congrats! We are so excited for you guys!

Jessica said...

Hooray!! You went into labor on your own. I just told my DR that it didn't happen in my family when I set my induction date. My feelings were similar to yours. . .and then my water broke. I still had to have help though- the contractions didn't get strong enough. I am so glad that you had a safe delivery and healthy BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations :)