Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tyler

On one of our car trips, Tyler kept telling me that his "feelings were hurting him". After a couple of minutes of questioning and some deductive reasoning on my part, I realized he was getting car sick (luckily he didn't throw up). He said his feelings were hurting him because his stomach hurt high up, and that is sometimes where he feels feelings when he is sad.

The other night Tyler asked me: "Mommy, do dogs crap?" I told him that yes, they poop, and we shouldn't call it crap. Hard to keep a straight face. Another reminder that we need to watch what we say.

A typical Tyler prayer (before we help him): Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, AAA-MEN!!!!

We've started doing "lessons" everyday after his nap. I lay out a blanket, get them some fruit snacks, sit on a footstool in front of them and give them a lesson from the Nursery manual. Tyler is very enthusiastic about these. He punctuates what I am saying with an "ALL RIGHT!!!" and a happy face. I've learned, however, that he is probably tone-deaf. We "sing" I am a Child of God, line by line, but he sings it to a different tune (or something).

No comments: