Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wardell family reunion (Schane's side)

Schane has a family reunion every year up in the Big Horn Mountains around the Fourth of July. This was my 4th time attending. It is at a 4H camp (or something), and the mountains are just beautiful). This year was notable for the fact that Schane took me square dancing (a standing promise for about 5 years). Yes, I stunk at it, but it sure was fun. I just felt sorry for all those Wardells who had to put up with my slowness (though they had more than a little advantage - having been square dancing for years and years). Tyler and Kelsie LOVED camping. Tyler got to go fishing with Schane (there are some videos of him before and after). They both slept well, which surprised me. In a nutshell, it was a fun few days!!!


These are pictures from the main program in the lodge. It is the Wardell Family Reunion. Two brothers (last name Wardell) married two sisters, and thus it began. Schane's Grandma Henderson (Merla Wardell) is one of the 14 (or 15?) children of those two marriages. I guess the two families were very close (understandably) and at one point in time even shared the same house. Pretty cool.








No comments: