Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter Prep in Cody

Judy had some easter shopping to do in Cody, and I had a plethera(sp?) of sugar cookie dough to roll out, bake, and frost. Tallon and Kristen were very good about not eating too many. MY kids, on the other hand, had a VERY healthy dinner of sugar cookies (or in Kelsie's case, mostly straight frosting).




I think Kelsie put like an inch of frosting on this - it was the only cookie she frosted before she opted to stop frosting the cookies and start frosting her tongue.


The Barker tongue (though I found out that Judy's kids do that too). The one below is a little blurry, but I just love how it is poking out of the side of his mouth.







Ummm...I was amazed at how bright the colors turned out, and was wondering why most of the eggs were peeling a little bit. Found out a few days later at Judy's house that you're supposed to add WATER to the mix - I guess I stopped reading the instructions before I got to that part. 3 tablespoons of vinegar didn't seem like enough liquid in the mug...so I added more until it looked right. So if you want eggs that look like ours, remember--STRAIGHT vinegar, no water!

2 comments:

Julia Barker said...

i kinda like the crackley look!

Jessica said...

ooh-lala I like the egg color. But I'll save the tip for next year. One morning of egg dying was plenty enough for me.